Tasty Tuesday: Cheesy chicken chimichangas

Happy Tasty Tuesday! My girl Cassie started this little recipe day way back when, and even without a link up I just love participating so I can share my newest recipes with you. 
I shared with you all last week that I am a fully converted lover of spice and Mexican food, so it's no surprise that when I happened upon a chimichanga recipe with cheesy in the title, I had to make it. Like last week's pork enchiladas recipe, I shortened the active cooking time by using my crock pot and fudging the ingredients to suit my tastes and desires. 
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken, I used breast tenders
1/2 jar salsa verde
2 tbsp taco seasoning
8oz shredded pepper jack cheese
8oz package neufchatel cream cheese
8 flour tortillas
Directions:
  1. place chicken in a crock pot and cover with salsa verde. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. 
  2. preheat oven to 350F. Line a pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
  3. Shred chicken, add in taco seasoning, cream cheese and pepper jack cheese.
  4. divide chicken mixture between the tortillas, fold the sides in and place seam down on baking pan. Spray with cooking spray, and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil, and cook 3 more minutes to get the chimichangas good and browned.
  5. serve with your favorite fixings, like cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions! 




◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com