I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

I am sure many of you have started to see people using more coconut products in their diets these days; ranging from the versatile coconut oil, to coconut flour, coconut milk, and even coconut sugar.
There is a lot of attention being given to the many great nutritional properties that coconut products bring to your health, so it's worth a shot to learn more, then start incorporating these products into your own diet. I have found many articles that give you a great explanation on why these products are good for you, so a nice place to start is by reading this extensive article here.

Something neat to know: coconut oil slows the digestive process, and lowers the overall glycemic index of your meal. When you add coconut oil to your carbohydrates, the carbs are broken down into glucose slower, so blood sugar levels remain steady even after you eat.

This. is. huge.

When your insulin levels spike, your body stores more fat, especially in the belly area. Obviously, this is a problem when you want to lose weight. I found this info in a great article about the benefits of adding coconut oil to your diets, you're welcome to read the whole thing for yourself here!

If you prefer a more streamlined way to get your information, I also found an article using bullet points to highlight the positive affects of adding coconut products to your diet, which you can read here.

I have begun using coconut sugar, oil and milk in my own diet, and plan on finding some coconut flour to use for baking as well. I really like the flavor of coconut, but Billy does not, so I will have to get creative when baking and cooking to make sure his preferences are taking into account. I also love the idea of using a product with a low GI so as not to raise my blood sugar and insulin levels.

Have you considered or started using coconut products in your own diet? I would love to hear how things are going, and if you have some good recipes, please share!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com