Tasty Tuesday: steam-fried sausage and veggies

You know what's good? When you make a recipe that is easy and makes you feel like you're eating decently. I love striving for health when it comes to my food, but dang, I hate the preparation involved to get there. Enter the genius of throwing a bunch of stuff in your fridge into a skillet and steam-frying (totes legit cooking term) it all together until yumminess occurs. Well, B, the veggie hater, would say the sausage part was good, but he still ate the bowl I served him.
Steam-fried Sausage and Veggies
Ingredients:
  • 1 package Aidell's chicken apple sausages (or 5 links of your fave cooked chicken sausage), sliced
  • 1 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
  • 1 small sweet potato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cup of cooked broccoli (mine was frozen, so I microwaved for two minutes and dumped it in semi-frozen)
Directions:
Slice, chop and assemble ingredients. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Brown sausage and sweet potato, then add zucchini and broccoli. Cook thoroughly and serve. 

Easy, right? And tasty. I'm not paleo or anything, but I think this recipe would fit that diet pretty easily. 
Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com