Favorite Fall Recipe #Blogtober14 day 13

The #Blogtober14 prompt today is "Your favorite fall recipe". What a very perfect prompt for such a great fall day! It was raining this morning, with cooler temps, and a blustery breeze is making a racket outside. Perfect for thinking about my favorite fall recipe.

Of course, I will give you a recipe I came up with, that will always be a go to for me. Pumpkin pie is a quintessential fall favorite for me. You can make it so many different ways, and it is always tasty. 
Here is the link to my original recipe I posted back in October 2012! I've made it few times since then, and always enjoy the sweet, pumpkin-y goodness that reminds me of fall.
  • 1 9 inch pre-made unbaked pie crust {or your favorite pie crust recipe}
  • 2 15oz cans organic pumpkin puree 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 14oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 chopped walnuts 
  • 1/4 cup cold butter *trust me, room temperature does not give good results
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  1. preheat oven to 375 degree F. (190 degree C for my Canadian girls)
  2. Roll out your pie crust and put in your 9 inch pie plate, folding down edges so it's uniform.
  3. Blend the pumpkin, egg, milk and pie spice until thoroughly combined. Pour into your pie shell.
  4. Combine brown sugar, flour, chopped walnuts, cold butter, and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel mixture on top of pumpkin mixture. 
  5. Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool before serving.

To top it off, you can make this yumminess! 

Honey Ginger whipped cream
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/8 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Combine cream, honey, ginger and vanilla in a mixing bowl. 
  2. Beat until soft peaks form. Chill for an hour.
  3. Top each slice of pie with a dollop of cream when serving.
Helene in Between Blogtober
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com