Beauty Products #Blogtober14

Happy Friday! I'm back from Newport Beach, and was back at work today in Austin. It's hard to leave California, and worse to have a vacation come to an end, but that's life.

We're talking about something right up my alley for #Blogtober14 today:
Thanks Helene for the killer graphic!
Hair and makeup are my jam. Makeup is not only my job, but my passion. It wasn't always that way. Hair was my calling. I knew how to do intricate styles without being taught. I look at a style or photo, study it a minute, and then recreate it with my own flair. Makeup? Oh, no. Makeup was scary. Expensive. Unknown to me. Once I started working weddings regularly, it became quite clear I would need to up my game, face some fears and take classes to get familiar with makeup. Having the desire to learn something that did not come naturally to me made the difficult task worthwhile. Many years later, I think I like makeup more than hair now because it significantly changes a person's appearance. 

So what is my one beauty product I can't live without? Well, aside from mascara, which seems like it's a staple, not so much a product, I would say lipstick. Give me any shade of pink, a bold red, shimmery mauves, plums when I'm feeling dark. I love lipstick. My pale lips make me look like death warmed over, so I need lipstick to not look scary. My favorites are all drugstore brands. Since I wear lipstick so often, and rotate through so many, I've never wanted to spend too much money on it. Recently I've been all over these Maybelline color sensation creamy mattes. I've got 3 shades! Daringly Nude, Touch of Spice, and Faint for Fuchsia make appearances often. 
And on every makeup application I do? Lipstick seals the deal. It makes the whole look come together.

Helene in Between Blogtober
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com