Firmoo glasses review

Hey friendos, happy Monday evening! I have a review on the docks for today about some fancy glasses from Firmoo! Sadie had to get in on this photoshoot, and I'm glad she did because she makes things cuter. Also, I had to take these all selfie style, since the hubby wasn't interested in taking photos of me last week in SF when we saw Wicked {"There are NO extra curricular activities when in San Francisco! We go there for a specific reason, then immediately return home. The less time we spend in the City, the better" are his exact sentiments.}
I was contacted recently by Firmoo, an online retailer said to be the world's most popular online eyeglasses store, to do a review of some glasses. Of course I jumped on that train, because who doesn't love getting to play dress up and try out some new specs?! 
A little bit about Firmoo, straight from the source: "Firmoo.com is the world's most popular online eyeglasses store. We have always been committed to offering customers the best quality products at the most affordable prices. For this reason, we have gained a solid reputation and trust from 500,000+ fans on Facebook. Also,we have been establishing collaborations with more than 10,000 bloggers all over the world."
What Firmoo didn't know was that my hubby is an ABO and NCLE board certified and nationally licensed optician, and deals with glasses and prescriptions on a daily basis at one of the largest prescription eyeglasses retailers in the country {Costco, whoop whoop!}
So...This review will be less "OMG I love my new cute hipster frames that take over my whole face" and more about the "diopter, prism, astigmatism, and pupilary distance", terms common to an optician's wife. Thanks B for taking the fun out of my "dress up in free glasses" game, and for making me realize that most of the cute frames I had lined up would have dwarfed my face and caused me to see double with any prescription in them.
Now let's get down to the nitty gritty!
Cons:
  • The site initially asked for my total PD instead of monocular{individual eye} PD when getting my info to find glasses. Once I chose my glasses however, I was given the option to choose two PD numbers, one for each eye.
  • I was not able to narrow my search by lens width in the free glasses section that the Firmoo team sent me to to choose my glasses. Instead I had to click through to find out the details, and I kept picking a bunch of frames that would have been ridiculously wide on my petite face. Later I discovered that in the full site, you can search by small, medium, and large frames, but a "small size" category still included up to 53mm frames, where I should really be in a 49 or 50mm frame as a small.
  • Details on each pair of glasses were good, but only available if you clicked through. It would have been better to see frame width, bridge distance, and temple length by hovering over the photo, or displayed in the thumbnail to make better ease of shopping.
  • The PD on the frames I chose were going to be way more than what I would need for a proper prescription fit. PD stands for pupilary distance, and refers to where your prescription sits in each lens.  If the PD is off by a lot, it can cause prism and make you feel pretty nauseous if bought with a heavy prescription. I have a light prescription, so it wouldn't affect me very much, but if you actually really need your prescription, this is BAD, you wouldn't be able to see. Think fish bowl effect.
Pros:
  • Lots of options! Loved that there were so many shapes and colors to choose from. It was hard to narrow down the search at first. I swear I looked through all of the frames available to me at least twice, then systematically picked through them to figure out my top 3.
  • Great prices! Who doesn't want to pay less than $50 for most frames? Not sure about the brands though.
  • Uploading your own pic to "try on" glasses is such a handy tool! It helped me envision certain frame shapes on my own face. This is the photo I used to try on the frames I decided to go with.
Now, something really cool Firmoo has introduced is the First Pair Free program, in which you can choose from selected glasses that you only have to pay the shipping on. Pretty awesome if I do say so myself ;) 

A little something Firmoo wants you to know: 
Any hot glasses/sunglasses /goggles frames you want can be found on Firmoo, and all are available for both prescription lenses and non-prescription lenses. Are you desperate to have a new look? Now you have the chance, Firmoo has launched a First Pair Free Program to people  worldwide. You will absolutely fall in love with the excellent quality, affordable prices, fashionable designs, fast delivery and the good service after trying them by paying for the shipping only! You can even get a refund/exchange if you are not satisfied with them. It's totally risk free, so why not have a try?
Click here (http://www.firmoo.com/free-glasses.html) to get your free glasses now!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com