We're all humans

What up friendos? Sorry I missed both Monday and Tuesday this week, I just couldn't be bothered to blog, and I didn't think about prepping anything to schedule. So it goes. 

Thought I would share a few "real" things with you, because that has gotta make me more human and less "faceless blogger on the internet". Ready?

I must admit that though I planned my dinners out for last week, I only made one recipe, and I didn't even eat any of it. It was the man pleasing chicken which I made with yellow mustard. I hate  the smell of yellow mustard, and cooked on chicken only makes it worse, so while I could tolerate it the week before, it became an unappetizing meal. This week I didn't even plan anything, so no Tasty Tuesday dinner recipes to share, whoops! 

I am messy. I stack things everywhere from the kitchen table to corners of the bedroom, and to clean up, I condense my multiple stacks into single stacks and shuffle my stuff around until it feels cleaner. I hate cleaning because I am lazy, so it only gets done when we are having company over or I have reached my limit and snap, going into a cleaning frenzy until everything is better or I wear out, whichever comes first. 

I can hardly get anything done when Billy is off work. Not his fault, I just want to spend as much time with him as possible, and it usually means sleeping in, relaxing on the couch, and shirking responsibilities. I should plan my weeks accordingly so things get done when he is working, but that takes too much foresight, and I tend to live in the now. 

I hate going to bed. Oh, I love sleeping, and I hate feeling tired when I wake up, but for some reason I have spent my life avoiding bedtime. I stay up too late, find all sorts of things I need to do instead of sleep, and then curse when the clock tells me how little sleep I will be getting. Maybe I think I'm going to miss out on something if I go to sleep early, so I just stay up. My mom says I've always been a night owl, so I guess that was ingrained. 

I prefer sweets and easy to grab packaged foods. Oh, I fight this one regularly, but it's a hard battle.  I know I can't out train a bad diet, so unless I clean up my eating I will be stuck at an uncomfortable weight. I'm pretty sure pre-planning my meals and stocking my house with easy to grab healthy things may make this easier...

I treat my dog likes she's my child. I dress her up, take countless annoying photos that I inevitably post to multiple social media outlets. I talk to her, give her kisses, and let her sleep in the bed with me. I am such a sucker. 

I absolutely love living in the Bay Area. I hate the housing market here. I think it's the only place in the US where houses are going more than asking, and have 30+ offers. I heard a rumor that the banks are holding 100k foreclosed homes and refusing to release them to the market, creating a seller's market so they can get the most for their properties. I hate the banks for this. I also can't imagine living anywhere else, so I will probably never own a home, a condo, or even a little cardboard box on a plot of land. Woe is me. 

Care to share with me what makes you more human? 
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com