Tasty Tuesday: butterscotch banana bread

Oh hey there friends! I'm jumping back onto Cassie's Tasty Tuesday bandwagon after a long hiatus. Poor Cassie uprooted her life for a big move back to San Jose in December, so she hasn't blogged much the last two months. I am hoping that this little reminder of something she started will get her back to it, at least to share her yummy recipes again!

For today, I've got a doctored up box mix recipe to share with you that I threw together on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the results! I love to use a boxed cake or bread mix as a base and add a bunch of things in to make it even better, so this was a nice experiment, and proved delicious. I love when that happens! I happened to be low on vegetable oil, and was out of chocolate chips which are my go-to banana bread mix in, so I used coconut oil {my newest addiction, I could eat it by the spoonful...but that's bad} and butterscotch chips instead. 

Butterscotch banana bread
Ingredients
  • 1 box Trader Joe's banana bread mix {or similar}
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, mostly melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup water
Directions
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan, or 8x8 inch pan like I did. 
In a mixing bowl, combine bread mix, water, eggs, coconut oil, and mashed banana mixing thoroughly.  
Fold in butterscotch chips. 
Pour into pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Allow to cool, then shove into your mouth as quickly as possible. Or is that just me? 

I think you will agree with me that the use of butterscotch chips compliments the banana, and really gives a great flavor. There was something very comforting, and home-like about the butterscotch taste. It made me happy. And my tummy happy. My butterscotch chips sunk in the batter and made a really yummy bottom layer that I ended up scraping out of the pan with a fork to eat. What? You've never eaten right out of the pan before? I dare you to make this recipe and NOT scrape out the butterscotch goodness. Go on, try it for yourself!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 b happy girl is proudly powered by blogger.com